(Redirected from Freesude:1.7:Changelog)
Major new features and updates since 1.5.x
- Major backoffice interface overhaul
- Access controls: Control access via employee to all aspects of backoffice functionality.
- Reseller/multi-company virtualization: Allow employee groups to only see virtualized slice of the customer base, optionally with separate merchant accounts and invoice templates.
- New inventory features (inventory classes and items) and ability to setup manual or automation provisioning of inventory items to services.
- Credit card encryption and masking
- Apache2/mod_perl2 support
- Pg 8.1+ support
- Flyout menu and search frame on each page (works in IE7 as of 1.7.2, and has user pref for side or top location)
- Most tables de-uglified
- Main customer view:
- Customer status and balance displayed up top
- Payment history only shows 2 (or the configured amount) of years of history, with a link to fold out the rest
- Simple payment, credit and financial actions are on-page dialogs rather than confusing separate pages
- More configuration options to control ticket listing
- New "inactive" customer status for customers with no active packages, but otherwise not suspended or cancelled.
- "Referring customer" box now accepts name/company/phone in addition to just number, has some AJAX magic to do the search on-the-fly
- Reseller/multi-company virtualization: Allow employee groups to only see virtualized slice of the customer base, optionally with separate merchant accounts and invoice templates
- Per-reseller virtualized reports
- Per-reseller virtualized advertising sources
- Lots of VoIP CDR/telephony rating work. Very flexible import and rating system to rate and bill Call Detail Records.
- Configuration switch to base tax off shipping address if present
- Late fees as a percentage of the late balance in addition to specified dollar amounts
- Payments and credits are now tracked against specific line items for informational purposes, with a weighting system to control automatic application.
- Credit card and electronic check batching support overhauled - multiple batches can now be in-transit. This is now a viable option in addition to the real-time processing.
- Package classes have been added with per-class reporting and graphing.
- Go to Configuration -> Provisioning, Services and packages -> View/Edit package classes and create some classes
- Go to Configuration -> Provisioning, Services and packages -> View/Edit package definitions, edit the existing package definitions and put them into classes
- Sales/credit/receipt graph now has options to break down by agent
- New report: Sales by agent and/or package class (Reports -> Financial -> Sales Report)
- Per-agent A/R aging (Reports -> Financial -> A/R Aging)
- All other relevant reports have per-agent options (when the employee has access to multiple agents)
- Tax report has been overhauled.
- Many additional options for package reporting
- New report: Zip code distribution
- Most reports with customer information now show customer status (reset "cust-fields" configuration value if you've set a custom one)
- SWSoft Plesk provisioning
- Motorola Prizm provisioning
- svc_phone service
- Support for Vonage "click2call" to call customers from the backend on a Vonage line.
- No more Apache::ASP support, HTML::Mason only
- service refactor - add a service table with just the schema and svc_ class
- All installation locations now configurable (no more hardcoded